Horror Genre Research

 Welcome back my fellow readers, today we will be looking into the horror genre, it is not my personal favorite but I believe I could maybe come up with some very good ideas with some research.

    horror film is one that seeks to elicit fear in its audience for entertainment purposes. Horror films additionally aim to evoke viewers' nightmares, fears, and terror of the unknown. Initially inspired by literature from authors such as Edgar Allan Poe and Bram Stoker, horror has existed as a film genre for more than a century. Horror may also overlap with the fantasy, supernatural fiction, and thriller genres. Plots within the horror genre often involve the intrusion of an evil force, event, or personage into the everyday world, they sometimes include elements like ghosts, vampires, werewolves, aliens, serial killers, clowns, etc...

    One subgenre of horror that interests me is Teen Horror, maybe since I am a teen myself I have a natural connection with it and understand it without research needed. Teen horror is a horror subgenre that victimizes teenagers while usually promoting strong, usual teenage leads, appealing to young generations. This subgenre often depicts themes of sex, under-aged drinking, and violence. Some examples you might recognize are the new movie "Freaky" which is a normal teenage girl, a bit of an outsider is attacked by a serial killer when his mystical dagger allows the two to switch into each other's bodies so now the serial killer is in the teenage girl's body and the innocent girl is in the serial killer's body. The other one is a very famous show called The Vampire Diaries which includes many supernatural creatures like vampires, werewolves, and witches by bringing them into the life of a normal teenage girl with no clue what was going on in her surroundings.

Image result for the vampire diariesThe Vampire Diaries - Wikipedia Image result for Freaky movieFreaky (film) - Wikipedia


After doing some research on this genre and getting a good look at some of the shows that represent it, I feel like I have some very good ideas that would make my film opening the best it can be, please stay tuned for further research and decision I will be making. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing Software

Brainstorming with The Portfolio Project

Film Opening "Bounce Back"